There is more than a 30% increased risk of cardiovascular events following discontinuation of low-dose aspirin in long-term users.
Researchers found that marijuana use increases risk of hypertension-related death by three-fold, and marijuana use is linked to greater cardiovascular risks than cigarette smoking.
Ingredients in energy drinks are contributing to adverse cardiovascular events, including angina and myocardial infarction.
No evidence was found of a higher cardiovascular risk among rheumatoid arthritis patients who switched from a different biologic drug or tofacitinib to tocilizumab vs to a tumor necrosis factor inhibitor.
Stroke preventive measures should be considered in women with a history of migraine headache.
Celecoxib is comparable to naproxen and ibuprofen in cardiovascular safety for patients with arthritis at high risk for cardiovascular disease.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality for Pain Relief: Understanding the Underlying Mechanisms
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Hypertension in Chronic Pain: Risk Factors
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Low-Dose Oromucosal Ibuprofen Effective for Relieving Sore Throat
- Survey Finds Teens Divided on Beliefs and Attitudes of Prescription Drug Abuse
- HIV-Positive Patients Experience Frequent Headaches
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Business Savvy Tips for Buying a Practice
- Diphenhydramine Decreases Pain During Colonoscopy for Chronic Opioid Users