Multivitamin use before diagnosis of breast cancer is associated with reduced risk of symptoms of chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy.
The FDA recommended the approval of CTL019 chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL).
WHO has updated its Essential Medicines List to include new recommendations on which antibiotics to use for common infections and serious conditions.
Pain is far more common and widespread in ALS than previously suspected, and initial pain symptoms may predate the clinical onset of the disease's hallmark motor dysfunction by as much as 2 years.
A guideline update from the American Society for Radiation Oncology continues to support the efficacy and safety of palliative radiation therapy for bone metastases.
Fentanyl sublingual tablets are preferred over subcutaneous morphine in patients with severe breakthrough cancer pain.
Although opioids are considered a first-line treatment for late-stage cancer pain, they are often prescribed relatively late and for only a short duration before death in many patients.
Depomed has announced that Lazanda (fentanyl) nasal spray, CII, is now available at 300mcg dose strength to treat cancer pain.
Intrathecal therapy represents a valuable option for many patients with severe, refractory chronic pain.
In states where marijuana is legalized for medicinal purposes, Medicare's prescription drug benefit program has lowered its spending due to reduced prescription drug use.
Interventional Treatment Options for Cancer Pain
The American Pain Society next month will be welcoming pain researchers to its 35th Annual Scientific Meeting. Attendees can expect an array of educational sessions focusing on acute pain, chronic cancer and noncancer pain, and recurrent pain.
Are we overestimating the efficacy of step III analgesics?
Patients who listened to guided meditation or music during their biopsy reported significantly greater reductions in anxiety and fatigue than standard care.
Calmare therapy may be an effective option for treating cancer-related neuropathic pain.
Earlier hospice enrollment important area to focus on to improve the quality of end-of-life cancer care.
Greater cost savings for cancer patients with more comorbidities.
Risk of prostate cancer mortality reduced with regular aspirin use after diagnosis.
Two new studies shed more light on whether of aspirin can help treat breast cancer patients.
Lower overall survival for time to treatment initiation of more than 46 to 52 days.
Dependence on breathing tubes, feeding tubes might play a part in despair.
A drug that treats opioid-induced constipation has doubled advanced cancer survival rates in responders.
Although opioid-related side effects are common among cancer patients treated for pain, wide heterogeneity among study outcome measures precludes formulation of specific drug profiles
Trial participation decreases with decreasing annual household income.
Patients and loved ones find greater comfort spending final days together in familiar place.
Regardless of chemo intensity, palliative care, hospice rarely used with acute myeloid leukemia.
Findings for consistent use over 5 or more years.
Survivors of childhood cancer, especially those with abdominopelvic tumors, have higher long-term risk.
Three reviews show correlations with measures of physical, mental, and social health outcomes.
Clinicians working with breast cancer patients, however, may prescribe narcotics for those suffering from mild to severe pain -- it's not an uncommon practice.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality for Pain Relief: Understanding the Underlying Mechanisms
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Hypertension in Chronic Pain: Risk Factors
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Low-Dose Oromucosal Ibuprofen Effective for Relieving Sore Throat
- Survey Finds Teens Divided on Beliefs and Attitudes of Prescription Drug Abuse
- HIV-Positive Patients Experience Frequent Headaches
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Business Savvy Tips for Buying a Practice
- Diphenhydramine Decreases Pain During Colonoscopy for Chronic Opioid Users