Calmare therapy may be an effective option for treating cancer-related neuropathic pain.
A guideline update from the American Society for Radiation Oncology continues to support the efficacy and safety of palliative radiation therapy for bone metastases.
Fentanyl sublingual tablets are preferred over subcutaneous morphine in patients with severe breakthrough cancer pain.
Although opioids are considered a first-line treatment for late-stage cancer pain, they are often prescribed relatively late and for only a short duration before death in many patients.
Depomed has announced that Lazanda (fentanyl) nasal spray, CII, is now available at 300mcg dose strength to treat cancer pain.
Earlier hospice enrollment important area to focus on to improve the quality of end-of-life cancer care.
Greater cost savings for cancer patients with more comorbidities.
Risk of prostate cancer mortality reduced with regular aspirin use after diagnosis.
Two new studies shed more light on whether of aspirin can help treat breast cancer patients.
Lower overall survival for time to treatment initiation of more than 46 to 52 days.
Dependence on breathing tubes, feeding tubes might play a part in despair.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation for Facet Joint Arthropathy-Related Low Back Pain
- Telephone-Based vs In-Person CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- Persistent Pain Linked With Greater Memory Decline & Dementia Probability
- Allodynia and Pericranial Tenderness Highly Prevalent in Pediatric Patients With Migraine
- Reasons Why the Affordable Care Act is Wrongly Blamed for Increased Premiums