Bumetanide Tablets Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bumetanide 1mg; scored tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Bumetanide Tablets:
0.5mg–2mg daily; max 10mg daily. Intermittent dosing optimal.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Anuria. Hepatic coma. Severe electrolyte depletion.
Hepatic cirrhosis. Ascites. Sulfonamide allergy. Progressive renal disease. Gout. Diabetes. Postsympathectomy. Monitor electrolytes, blood, liver function. Potassium supplementation may be needed. Potassium-losing nephropathy. Aldosterone excess. Discontinue if renal dysfunction progresses. Ventricular arrhythmias. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May increase digitalis, lithium toxicity. Hypokalemia with digitalis, diuretics in CHF. Alcohol, CNS depressants may increase orthostatic hypotension. Avoid probenecid, indomethacin. Ototoxicity may be potentiated with aminoglycosides.
Muscle cramps, dizziness, hypotension, headache, nausea, encephalopathy, ototoxicity, rash, fluid or electrolyte imbalance, hyperglycemia, hyperuricemia, blood dyscrasias.
Formerly known under the brand name Bumex.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms Among Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts
- CMS Launches Initiative to Analyze Regulation Impact on Patient Care