Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin 3%, benzoyl peroxide 5%; gel.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for BENZAMYCIN:
Apply to cleansed, dried areas twice daily.
Avoid eyes, mouth, mucous membranes. Discontinue if excessive irritation or dryness occurs. Pak product is flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Additive irritation with other topical agents. Transient skin discoloration with PABA sunscreens.
Macrolide antibiotic + antibacterial/ keratolytic.
Dryness, local reactions (eg, peeling, pruritus, burning sensation, erythema), superinfection; may bleach hair or fabrics.
Pak (pouches, mixed by patient)—60; Gel (jar, mix before dispensing)—46.6g
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis