Generic Name and Formulations:
Erythromycin 3%, benzoyl peroxide 5%; gel.
Bausch Health Companies Inc.
Indications for BENZAMYCIN:
Apply to cleansed, dried areas twice daily.
Avoid eyes, mouth, mucous membranes. Discontinue if excessive irritation or dryness occurs. Pak product is flammable. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Macrolide antibiotic + antibacterial/ keratolytic.
Additive irritation with other topical agents. Transient skin discoloration with PABA sunscreens.
Dryness, local reactions (eg, peeling, pruritus, burning sensation, erythema), superinfection; may bleach hair or fabrics.
Pak (pouches, mixed by patient)—60; Gel (jar, mix before dispensing)—46.6g
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Abuse-Deterrent Oxycodone Reformulation
- FDA Proposes New Restrictions on Sale of Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems
- Central Sensitization in Greater Trochanteric Pain Syndrome
- Pain Acceptance May Reduce Headache-Related Disability in Migraine
- FDA Issues Safety Alert Regarding Intrathecal Delivery of Pain Meds