BENADRYL ALLERGY LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5mg/5mL; cherry flavor; dye- and sugar-free, bubble-gum flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 15mg/5mL.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for BENADRYL ALLERGY LIQUID:
Symptoms of upper respiratory allergies. Rhinorrhea/sneezing due to common cold.
25–50mg every 4–6hrs; max 300mg/day.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 12.5–25mg every 4–6hrs; max 150mg/day.
Neonates. Premature infants. Acute asthma. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals).
Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. GI or urinary obstruction. Sodium-restricted diet. Children. Pregnancy (Cat.B in 3rd trimester): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Potentiates anticholinergic effects with MAOIs.
Drowsiness, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Caps—24, 48; Tabs—24, 48, 100; Dye-free softgels—24; Allergy Liq—4oz, 8oz; Dye-free Liq—4oz; Inj—contact supplier
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Chronic Pain Associated With Traumatic Brain Injury: Causes and Management
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Migraine Frequency Correlated With Depression and Anxiety
- IBS-Associated Chronic Pain: Formulation of Core Diagnostic Criteria
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms Among Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts
- CMS Launches Initiative to Analyze Regulation Impact on Patient Care