Generic Name and Formulations:
Belinostat 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for BELEODAQ:
Relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
Give 1000mg/m2 once daily by IV infusion over 30 mins on Days 1–5 of a 21-day cycle; can repeat cycles every 21 days until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications: Hematologic toxicities: if ANC nadir <0.5x109/L or platelet count <25x109/L: decrease dose by 25% (750mg/m2); discontinue if recurrent ANC <0.5x109/L or platelet count <25x109/L nadirs after 2 dose reductions; Non-hematologic toxicities: if any CTCAE Grade 3/4 reaction: decrease dose by 25% (750mg/m2); discontinue if recurrent CTCAE Grade 3/4 reaction after 2 dose reductions. Patients with homozygous UGT1A1*28 allele: initially 750mg/m2.
Risk of hematologic toxicity; monitor blood counts with differential at baseline and weekly during therapy; adjust dose as necessary. Active infection: do not administer. History of extensive or intensive chemotherapy: may be at higher risk of life-threatening infections. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor serum chemistry, renal and hepatic function before treatment and the start of each cycle; interrupt, adjust, or discontinue dose based on severity of hepatotoxicity. Tumor lysis syndrome; monitor patients with advanced stage disease and/or high tumor syndrome. GI toxicity; may require use of antiemetics and antidiarrheals. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
Avoid concomitant use of strong UGT1A1 inhibitors.
Nausea, fatigue, pyrexia, anemia, vomiting; hematologic toxicity, infection, hepatotoxicity, tumor lysis syndrome, GI toxicity.
Single-use vial (30mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Nonsinogenic Headache vs Chronic Rhinosinusitis Differential Diagnosis Based on SNOT-22 Patterns
- Patterns of Non-Medical Prescription Opioid Use in Adolescents
- Factors Promoting Participation in Self-Management Training Program for Chronic Pain
- Gendered Perceptions of Socially Acceptable Pain Relief Strategies
- Majority of Internists Still Have Financial Ties to Industry