Generic Name and Formulations:
Belinostat 500mg; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV inj after reconstitution and dilution.
Spectrum Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for BELEODAQ:
Relapsed or refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma.
Give 1000mg/m2 once daily by IV infusion over 30 mins on Days 1–5 of a 21-day cycle; can repeat cycles every 21 days until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose modifications: Hematologic toxicities: if ANC nadir <0.5x109/L or platelet count <25x109/L: decrease dose by 25% (750mg/m2); discontinue if recurrent ANC <0.5x109/L or platelet count <25x109/L nadirs after 2 dose reductions; Non-hematologic toxicities: if any CTCAE Grade 3/4 reaction: decrease dose by 25% (750mg/m2); discontinue if recurrent CTCAE Grade 3/4 reaction after 2 dose reductions. Patients with homozygous UGT1A1*28 allele: initially 750mg/m2.
Risk of hematologic toxicity; monitor blood counts with differential at baseline and weekly during therapy; adjust dose as necessary. Active infection: do not administer. History of extensive or intensive chemotherapy: may be at higher risk of life-threatening infections. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor serum chemistry, renal and hepatic function before treatment and the start of each cycle; interrupt, adjust, or discontinue dose based on severity of hepatotoxicity. Tumor lysis syndrome; monitor patients with advanced stage disease and/or high tumor syndrome. GI toxicity; may require use of antiemetics and antidiarrheals. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy (Cat. D), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant use of strong UGT1A1 inhibitors.
Histone deacetylase inhibitor.
Nausea, fatigue, pyrexia, anemia, vomiting; hematologic toxicity, infection, hepatotoxicity, tumor lysis syndrome, GI toxicity.
Single-use vial (30mL)—1
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis