back & spine
Meta-analysis shows increased risk ratio for unsatisfactory outcome after spine surgery.
For new entries into care with low back pain, health care use up with physiatry versus primary care.
Lower T-score for lumbar spine than femoral neck increases fracture risk, particularly in older women.
It's not uncommon for a patient to complain about lower back pain; it affects 38% of people worldwide every year, according to the NIH.
Since vertebral osteomyelitis is fairly rare, -- every year, two to six out of 100,000 people are diagnosed -- it is an often overlooked illness.
For some, agonizing over joint paint every day during the summer months is a reality -- and there are several steps they can take to enjoy the summer sun without pain.
Extent of improvement in symptoms may be greater among those referred for early PT.
A new study in the Annals of Internal Medicine concluded that physical therapy might actually alleviate spinal stenosis pain as effectively as surgery does.
A study indicates that use of some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) could have a negative impact on female fertility, even with short-term use.
Men more likely to refer to an orthopedist than women.
Research shows that magnets placed on the skin relaxes capillary walls.
Although mental quality of life was not worse, there was a difference in physical quality of life.
The patients all reported three months or more of low back pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Intrathecal Morphine, Ziconotide for Cancer- and Noncancer Chronic Pain
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Factors Associated With Suboptimal Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block for Arthroscopy
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Scholarship Support Limited for Veterans Enrolling in MD Programs
- Alpha and Beta Band Activity in MS-Related Chronic Pain
- New Opioid-Induced Constipation Management Guidelines Available