While maintaining an acceptable level of diagnostic image quality, simple methods could help reduce CT radiation exposure.
Radiofrequency denervation of thoracic facet joints may provide pain relief comparable to that achieved for cervical and lumbar facet joints.
Patients with low back pain who are depressed are more likely to be prescribed opioids, and to be prescribed higher doses.
Meta-analysis indicates short-term NSAID use is generally safe and can relieve pain, but lacks clinically important benefits.
For patients with acute low back pain, the combination of diazepam plus naproxen does not improve functional outcomes or pain compared with naproxen use alone.
"The intra-articular PRP injection is an effective treatment modality in low back pain involving SIJ," the authors write.
According to Dr Mackey, successful enactment of the NPS will allow clinicians to "treat chronic pain as the chronic disease [they] know it to be, and as the public health crisis that [they] know it is."
Results showed a significant link between serum vitamin C concentrations and the prevalence of low back pain.
More lumbar surgeries in patients undergoing discography, and more medical visits, work loss, pain.
Two primary medical specialties are joining their efforts to establish a clinical data registry for patients with injuries of the spine.
Specific exercises to improve coordination of muscles that control and support spine.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Psychological Factors, Not Opioid Use, Linked with Disability After Fracture Surgery
- Acupressure Not Effective as Adjunctive Therapy to Sodium Valproate for Chronic Migraine With Aura
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- The Advice You Give Your Patients May Be Just What They Need to Hear
- Childhood Adversity Common in Patients With Fibromyalgia, Chronic Widespread Pain
- Peripheral Nerve Stimulation Effective for Chronic Pain With Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Neonatal Withdrawal Risk Higher With Opioids Plus Psychotropic Drugs