While maintaining an acceptable level of diagnostic image quality, simple methods could help reduce CT radiation exposure.
Women who were treated as adolescents with a restrictive Milwaukee brace during adolescence may be at higher risk for experiencing low back pain and neck-related disabilities in adulthood.
Variable and unpredicted perturbations to the spine may lead to increased muscle strength and pain reduction in patients with chronic nonspecific low back pain.
Radiofrequency denervation of thoracic facet joints may provide pain relief comparable to that achieved for cervical and lumbar facet joints.
Patients with low back pain who are depressed are more likely to be prescribed opioids, and to be prescribed higher doses.
Meta-analysis indicates short-term NSAID use is generally safe and can relieve pain, but lacks clinically important benefits.
For patients with acute low back pain, the combination of diazepam plus naproxen does not improve functional outcomes or pain compared with naproxen use alone.
"The intra-articular PRP injection is an effective treatment modality in low back pain involving SIJ," the authors write.
According to Dr Mackey, successful enactment of the NPS will allow clinicians to "treat chronic pain as the chronic disease [they] know it to be, and as the public health crisis that [they] know it is."
Results showed a significant link between serum vitamin C concentrations and the prevalence of low back pain.
More lumbar surgeries in patients undergoing discography, and more medical visits, work loss, pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Opioid Use in Chronic Low Back Pain: A Population Study
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- IV Tramadol Significantly Reduces Post-Op Pain in Phase 3 Study
- Telehealth-Delivered Behavioral Therapy, Supportive Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia Pumps Have Low Device-Related Error Rates
- Adding Chiropractic to Usual Care Beneficial for Low Back Pain
- Illness Perceptions Mediate Back Pain, Quality of Life in Early Axial Spondyloarthritis