While maintaining an acceptable level of diagnostic image quality, simple methods could help reduce CT radiation exposure.
Meta-analysis indicates short-term NSAID use is generally safe and can relieve pain, but lacks clinically important benefits.
For patients with acute low back pain, the combination of diazepam plus naproxen does not improve functional outcomes or pain compared with naproxen use alone.
"The intra-articular PRP injection is an effective treatment modality in low back pain involving SIJ," the authors write.
According to Dr Mackey, successful enactment of the NPS will allow clinicians to "treat chronic pain as the chronic disease [they] know it to be, and as the public health crisis that [they] know it is."
Results showed a significant link between serum vitamin C concentrations and the prevalence of low back pain.
More lumbar surgeries in patients undergoing discography, and more medical visits, work loss, pain.
Two primary medical specialties are joining their efforts to establish a clinical data registry for patients with injuries of the spine.
Specific exercises to improve coordination of muscles that control and support spine.
Researchers found that MAPCs were able to modulate the aggressive behavior of macrophages in lab animals.
Meta-analysis shows increased risk ratio for unsatisfactory outcome after spine surgery.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation for Facet Joint Arthropathy-Related Low Back Pain
- Telephone-Based vs In-Person CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- Persistent Pain Linked With Greater Memory Decline & Dementia Probability
- Allodynia and Pericranial Tenderness Highly Prevalent in Pediatric Patients With Migraine
- Reasons Why the Affordable Care Act is Wrongly Blamed for Increased Premiums
- Psychosocial Functioning Distinct From Symptomatic Improvement in Depression
- Ptosis Repair Effective for Relief From Tension-Type Headache
- Acute Pain Management in the Emergency Department With SoluMatrix Indomethacin
- Former Pharma Reps Recruited by Health Insurers to Cut Costs
- Subcutaneous Belimumab Effective on SLE