Integrate pharmacologic and nonpharmacological pain management approaches for best outcomes.
A web-based computer interface is enabling acute and primary care offices to better capture patient-related outcomes.
This high-risk and often stigmatized population may not be getting proper care.
Racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic differences influenced parent beliefs about appropriate analgesic use in children.
Imaging studies in multiple types of chronic pain patients show their brains differ from healthy control subjects.
Data are needed, and may be forthcoming as more registries like those launched this week in Quebec are launched.
One of the goals of PainCAS is to improve workflow related to administration and documentation of pain and opioid risk assessments.
A main question that needs to be further explored is how anatomically and physiologically the extrinsic and intrinsic innervation of organs interact and contribute to overall pain.
Reciprocal relationship between cancer and neurons at play in tumor proliferation and pain sensitization.
Demographics, not comorbidities, more likely to drive association of female gender with moderate-to-severe pain intensity.
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute awarded $400 million in research funds last year alone.
Study sheds light on neural basis for maladaptive emotional strategies used to cope with chronic pain.
The scores were based on a scale that predicted aberrant behavior risk using both genetics and phenotypic risk factors.
Purdue announced data from a long-term safety and efficacy study of Hysingla ER (hydrocodone bitartrate extended-release) tablets with abuse-deterrent properties.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA Takes Steps to Reconcile Needs of Patients With Chronic Pain, Efforts to Curb Opioid Epidemic
- History of Migraine May Be Associated With Higher Risk for Cochlear Disorders
- Symptom Severity, Sensory Sensitivity May Indicate Pain Centralization in Chronic Overlapping Pain Conditions
- Stat Consult: Chronic Low Back Pain
- Opioid Misuse May Help Predict Alcohol Dependence Treatment Outcomes
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- FDA to Review Long-Acting Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder
- Half of Patients Referred for Behavioral Treatment of Migraine Never Initiate Treatment
- Low-Dose Sumatriptan Injection Effective as Acute Migraine Treatment
- The Fight for Patient Privacy Under Big Data Analytics