Integrate pharmacologic and nonpharmacological pain management approaches for best outcomes.
A web-based computer interface is enabling acute and primary care offices to better capture patient-related outcomes.
This high-risk and often stigmatized population may not be getting proper care.
Racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic differences influenced parent beliefs about appropriate analgesic use in children.
Imaging studies in multiple types of chronic pain patients show their brains differ from healthy control subjects.
Data are needed, and may be forthcoming as more registries like those launched this week in Quebec are launched.
One of the goals of PainCAS is to improve workflow related to administration and documentation of pain and opioid risk assessments.
A main question that needs to be further explored is how anatomically and physiologically the extrinsic and intrinsic innervation of organs interact and contribute to overall pain.
Reciprocal relationship between cancer and neurons at play in tumor proliferation and pain sensitization.
Demographics, not comorbidities, more likely to drive association of female gender with moderate-to-severe pain intensity.
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute awarded $400 million in research funds last year alone.
Study sheds light on neural basis for maladaptive emotional strategies used to cope with chronic pain.
The scores were based on a scale that predicted aberrant behavior risk using both genetics and phenotypic risk factors.
Purdue announced data from a long-term safety and efficacy study of Hysingla ER (hydrocodone bitartrate extended-release) tablets with abuse-deterrent properties.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Intrathecal Morphine, Ziconotide for Cancer- and Noncancer Chronic Pain
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Factors Associated With Suboptimal Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block for Arthroscopy
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Scholarship Support Limited for Veterans Enrolling in MD Programs
- Alpha and Beta Band Activity in MS-Related Chronic Pain
- New Opioid-Induced Constipation Management Guidelines Available