Integrate pharmacologic and nonpharmacological pain management approaches for best outcomes.
A web-based computer interface is enabling acute and primary care offices to better capture patient-related outcomes.
This high-risk and often stigmatized population may not be getting proper care.
Racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic differences influenced parent beliefs about appropriate analgesic use in children.
Imaging studies in multiple types of chronic pain patients show their brains differ from healthy control subjects.
Data are needed, and may be forthcoming as more registries like those launched this week in Quebec are launched.
One of the goals of PainCAS is to improve workflow related to administration and documentation of pain and opioid risk assessments.
A main question that needs to be further explored is how anatomically and physiologically the extrinsic and intrinsic innervation of organs interact and contribute to overall pain.
Reciprocal relationship between cancer and neurons at play in tumor proliferation and pain sensitization.
Demographics, not comorbidities, more likely to drive association of female gender with moderate-to-severe pain intensity.
The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute awarded $400 million in research funds last year alone.
Study sheds light on neural basis for maladaptive emotional strategies used to cope with chronic pain.
The scores were based on a scale that predicted aberrant behavior risk using both genetics and phenotypic risk factors.
Purdue announced data from a long-term safety and efficacy study of Hysingla ER (hydrocodone bitartrate extended-release) tablets with abuse-deterrent properties.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- New Blood Test Shows High Accuracy for Diagnosing Fibromyalgia
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- Opioids vs Nonopioid Medications for Chronic Back, Knee, and Hip Osteoarthritis Pain
- Conventional vs High-Frequency Spinal Cord Stimulation for Chronic Pain
- Evaluating Headache in the Elderly: Primary vs Secondary Causes
- Custom Foot Orthotics vs OTC Insoles for Plantar Heel Pain
- Once-Monthly Erenumab Injections May Be Effective for Episodic Migraine Prophylaxis