Generic Name and Formulations:
Alectinib 150mg; caps.
Indications for ALECENSA:
Treatment of patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK)-positive, metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) as detected by an FDA-approved test.
Swallow whole. Take with food. 600mg twice daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C): 450mg twice daily. Dose modifications or dose reduction schedule: see full labeling.
Monitor liver function tests (eg, ALT, AST, total bilirubin) every 2 weeks for the first 3 months, then monthly and as clinically indicated; test more frequently if transaminase and bilirubin elevated; withhold, resume at reduced dose, or permanently discontinue based on severity. Evaluate if presence of worsening respiratory symptoms; withhold if ILD/pneumonitis diagnosed; permanently discontinue if no other cause identified. Withhold for Grade 3 renal toxicity until recovery to ≤1.5×ULN, then resume at reduced dose; permanently discontinue if Grade 4 occurs. Monitor HR, BP regularly. If non-life-threatening symptomatic bradycardia occurs, withhold until asymptomatic or HR ≥60bpm; permanently discontinue in case(s) of recurrence or life-threatening bradycardia if no contributing concomitant medication identified. Assess CPK every 2 weeks for the first month and as clinically indicated; withhold, resume, or reduce dose based on severity. Severe hepatic or renal impairment/ESRD. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy: avoid. Use effective contraception during and for 1 week (females) or 3 months (males) after final dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 week after final dose).
Increased bradycardia with concomitant antihypertensives or other drugs known to cause bradycardia.
Fatigue, constipation, edema, myalgia, anemia; hepatotoxicity, ILD/pneumonitis, renal impairment, bradycardia, CPK elevation.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Two Screening Tools May Accurately Predict Transition From Acute to Chronic Low Back Pain
- Operant Learning May Provide More Benefits Than Energy Conservation in Fibromyalgia
- Predicting the Magnitude of Placebo Analgesia in Chronic Pain
- Methamphetamine Use on the Rise in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Examining the Efficacy of Different Oxygen Flow Rates for Cluster Headache Attacks
- The Unintended Consequences of the CDC Opioid Guideline According to Pain Management Specialists
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- FDA-Approved Test Provides Pharmacogenetic Reports Directly to Consumers
- Set of Interventions May Effectively Reduce Opioid Overprescribing
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Half of the Responders to Our Poll Agree With the Approval of Dsuvia: We Want to Hear From You
- Daily Alcohol Use May Drive Chronic Pain in Adults With HIV
- Tools to Address the Opioid Crisis
- AHA/ACC Release Updated Guidelines for Cholesterol Management
- Women Fed Soy Formula as Infants More Likely to Experience Menstrual Pain