ADVIL PM OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ibuprofen 200mg, diphenhydramine citrate 38mg; caplets.
Pfizer Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ADVIL PM:
Relief of occasional sleeplessness when associated with minor aches and pains.
2 caplets or liqui-gels at bedtime. Max 2 caplets or liqui-gels/24hrs.
<12yrs: not recommended.
Aspirin allergy. Unless sufficient time for a full night's sleep. Immediately before or after cardiac surgery. Sleeplessness without pain. Concomitant with other diphenhydramine-containing products (including topicals).
Increased risk of severe stomach bleeding (esp. ≥60yrs old). History of GI disorders (eg, heartburn, bleeding ulcers). Respiratory disorders (eg, emphysema, bronchitis). Increased risk of heart attack or failure, and stroke. Hypertension. Heart disease. Recent stroke. Liver cirrhosis. Renal disease. Asthma. Glaucoma. GI or urinary obstruction. Reevaluate if pain persists or worsens after >10 days or sleeplessness persists continuously >2 weeks. Elderly. Pregnancy (avoid during 3rd trimester). Nursing mothers.
Avoid aspirin or other pain relievers. Increased risk of GI bleed with anticoagulants, corticosteroids, other OTC or Rx NSAID-containing products (eg, ibuprofen, naproxen, others), ≥3 alcoholic drinks/day, or prolonged use. Caution with diuretics. Additive effects with other antihistamines, anticholinergics, sedatives, tranquilizers, or any other sleep-aid.
NSAID + hypnotic (anticholinergic).
Drowsiness, GI upset/bleed, rash, symptoms of heart problems or stroke (eg, trouble breathing, feel faint, slurred speech), redness, swelling, allergic reactions; discontinue if occur.
Caplets—20, 40, 80, 120 (orig or EZ open); Liqui-Gels—20, 40, 80
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Brain Plasticity in Patients With Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Perturbation-Based Rehabilitation Effective for Chronic Low Back Pain
- Cannabis Use Associated With Relationship Between Pain and Negative Affect
- FDA Expresses Safety Concern Over Kratom
- Cannabidiol Concentrations Widely Vary in Products Sold Online
- Cannabis Use Associated With Aberrant Drug Behaviors
- Walgreens to Carry Naloxone in All Pharmacies to Combat Drug Abuse
- Independent Pharmacies Expanding Services Available to Patients
- Ketamine Exhibits Effective Pain Relief for Refractory Headaches
- Pain In Elite Athletes: IOC Recommendations on Contributing Factors and Treatment Approach
- Naproxen Plus Muscle Relaxants vs Naproxen Monotherapy for Low Back Pain
- Pain Processing: Examining the Role of Oxytocin
- Short- vs Long-Acting Opioids for Osteoarthritis Pain
- Extended-Release Naltrexone Injections Reduce Opioid Dependence
- Depressive Symptoms in Medical Interns Increased With Work-Family Conflicts