Generic Name and Formulations:
Epinephrine (as HCl) 1mg/mL; soln for IM or SC inj; contains sulfites.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ADRENALIN:
Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type I), including anaphylaxis. Bronchospasm. Urticaria. Angioedema. Serum sickness.
Adults and Children:
Do not dilute. Inject into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh. ≥30kg: 0.3–0.5mg SC or IM; max: 0.5mg per inj. <30kg: 0.01mg/kg SC or IM; max: 0.3mg per inj. Both: may repeat every 5–10 mins as necessary; rotate inj sites. Monitor clinically for reaction severity and cardiac effects.
Avoid injecting into the buttocks, digits, hands, or feet. Cardio or cerebrovascular disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Parkinson's disease, Pheochromocytoma. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with concomitant other sympathomimetic agents. Caution with cardiac glycosides, digitalis, diuretics, quinidine, and other arrhythmia-producing agents; monitor. Pressor effects may be potentiated by tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs, antihistamines, levothyroxine. May be antagonized by α-blockers (eg, phentolamine), β-blockers (eg, propranolol), ergots. Caution with halogenated hydrocarbon general anesthetics (eg, halothane). Do not use to counteract effects of phenothiazines.
Anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea, vomiting, headache, respiratory difficulties, angina, arrhythmias, ventricular fibrillation (may be fatal), rapid rises in BP, cerebral hemorrhage; rare: serious infections at the inj site.
Single-dose vials (1mL)—25; Multi-dose vials (30mL)—1, 10
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Opioid-Free Analgesia Use for Postsurgical Pain Limited
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit