Recent studies show that THC consumption affects the dopamine system.
The prevalence of neck pain has been reported to be increasing among adolescents, but how this pain might affect head posture and endurance of the neck muscles in this age group has received little attention.
How adolescents approach their chronic pain condition at their current age has an effect on how they will experience their condition in adulthood.
Studies show that marijuana use in adolescents is higher in states that have legalized medical marijuana, so it stands to reason that legalizing medical marijuana could increase adolescent marijuana use.
Many starting at younger ages, so more likely to binge drink.
Musculoskeletal pain that affected physical function and quality of life was common in severely obese adolescents who underwent bariatric surgery.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation Efficacious in Treating Thoracic Zygapophyseal Joint Pain
- Prescribed Opioids Difficulties Scale Effective for Assessing Concerns of Patients With Chronic Pain
- Predictors of Opioid Overdose in High-Risk Users
- Optimal Strategies for Opioid Weaning After Ambulatory Surgery
- Emergency Physicians Offer Recommendations for Identifying and Managing Opioid Use Disorder
- Consensus Guidelines for the Use of Intravenous Ketamine for Chronic Pain
- Pain Societies Issue Guidelines on Use of Ketamine for the Management of Acute Pain
- Labor Epidural Analgesia Linked to Reduced Likelihood of Successful Breastfeeding
- Novel Oral Treatment Safe, Effective for Migraine Headache Relief
- DFN-02 Nasal Spray Safe, Effective for Acute Treatment of Episodic Migraine
- Higher PainDETECT Scores, Neuropathic Pain Preoperatively May Increase Risk for Chronic Pain Post-TKR
- Terms Used for Addiction May Be Associated With Explicit, Implicit Bias
- Erenumab Reduces Monthly Migraine Days in Patients With Treatment-Resistant Migraine
- Government and Industry Lead the Way in Funding USPSTF Systematic Reviews
- Communication-Based Intervention Increases Goals-of-Care Discussions Between Physicians, Patients With Serious Illness