Acupuncture and mock laser treatment yield similar psychophysical responses.
Pressure pain sensitivity is differentially linked to response to sham vs verum acupuncture in patients with fibromyalgia.
Acupuncture was found to effectively alleviate pain associated with primary adhesive capsulitis.
The ACP developed the guideline from randomized, controlled trials and systematic reviews published through April 2015 that focused on noninvasive pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatments for low back pain.
Spinal cord stimulation, neurotechnology, acupuncture, neurostimulation: all effective in treating migraine, headaches.
Acupuncture is more effective than standard care in relieving TBI-associated headaches and pain.
Neurobiological mechanisms are distinct from somatic pain
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA's Flush List: Assessing the Environmental Impact
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Uniport vs Multiport Catheters for Labor Epidural Analgesia
- Disease Activity Biomarker in Pediatric SLE
- Guidance on Preventing Medical Billing Errors
- Preemptive Analgesia With Acetaminophen Reduces Headaches Associated With Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Minimum Headache Duration Requiring Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Evaluation