AAPM 2016 Coverage
Dr Twillman extensively emphasized the fact that these CDC guidelines are expert- and not evidence-based.
This biopsychosocial approach emphasizes a management approach to a disorder, as opposed to a "curative" one.
A combination of ketamine infusion treatment and psychotherapy was found to attenuate PTSD manifestation and reduce pain scores.
Dr Daitz then presented several cases of patients he successfully treated by TPI.
Limited information has been published on institutional determinants of prescribing opioids and their possible relationship to the opioid epidemic.
Laughter provides numerous quantifiable benefits by improving one's physiology, psychology, and general quality of life, thus positing laughter as a valuable complementary medicine option for both disease prevention and treatment.
Dialectical behavioral therapy may be a useful tool to help manage the psychological and emotional aspects of chronic pain.
Embedded palliative care teams can be highly effective in transforming care within oncology centers.
Preliminary results suggest that this transdermal analgesic is efficacious in reducing opioid use and pain scores in patients experiencing chronic neuropathy and musculoskeletal pain.
Results indicate that more than 75% of individuals with a current opioid addiction diagnosis, as well as 28% of control participants, presented with an addiction risk score over 52.
An abuse-deterrent technology was developed to prevent rapid release of hydrocodone ER upon manipulation.
In Taiwan, a medical training program exposes students to both traditional and Western forms of medicine.
Read about the research presented at AAPM 2016
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Virtual Reality for Pain Relief: Understanding the Underlying Mechanisms
- Vibrating Gloves Significantly Reduce Osteoarthritis-Related Hand Pain
- Neuroimaging for Chronic Pain: IASP Consensus Statement
- Neuroinflammation in Neuropathic Pain Indicated by Elevated Levels of Proinflammatory Chemokines in CSF
- Hypertension in Chronic Pain: Risk Factors
- Liposomal Bupivacaine Effective for Shoulder Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Reducing the P-Value for Statistical Significance to Improve the Quality of Research?
- FDA's Strategies for Managing Patients Taking CNS Depressants and Opioids
- Electrotherapy, Acupuncture May Decrease Pain Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Low-Dose Oromucosal Ibuprofen Effective for Relieving Sore Throat
- Survey Finds Teens Divided on Beliefs and Attitudes of Prescription Drug Abuse
- HIV-Positive Patients Experience Frequent Headaches
- Low-Dose Perineural Dexamethasone Prolongs Effects of Brachial Plexus Nerve Block
- Business Savvy Tips for Buying a Practice
- Diphenhydramine Decreases Pain During Colonoscopy for Chronic Opioid Users