AAPM 2016 Coverage
Dr Twillman extensively emphasized the fact that these CDC guidelines are expert- and not evidence-based.
This biopsychosocial approach emphasizes a management approach to a disorder, as opposed to a "curative" one.
A combination of ketamine infusion treatment and psychotherapy was found to attenuate PTSD manifestation and reduce pain scores.
Dr Daitz then presented several cases of patients he successfully treated by TPI.
Limited information has been published on institutional determinants of prescribing opioids and their possible relationship to the opioid epidemic.
Laughter provides numerous quantifiable benefits by improving one's physiology, psychology, and general quality of life, thus positing laughter as a valuable complementary medicine option for both disease prevention and treatment.
Dialectical behavioral therapy may be a useful tool to help manage the psychological and emotional aspects of chronic pain.
Embedded palliative care teams can be highly effective in transforming care within oncology centers.
Preliminary results suggest that this transdermal analgesic is efficacious in reducing opioid use and pain scores in patients experiencing chronic neuropathy and musculoskeletal pain.
Results indicate that more than 75% of individuals with a current opioid addiction diagnosis, as well as 28% of control participants, presented with an addiction risk score over 52.
An abuse-deterrent technology was developed to prevent rapid release of hydrocodone ER upon manipulation.
In Taiwan, a medical training program exposes students to both traditional and Western forms of medicine.
Read about the research presented at AAPM 2016
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Sustained-Release Sodium Nitrite for Diabetic Neuropathic Pain Not Associated With Headaches
- Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Associated With Reduced Risk for Opioid-Related Deaths
- Deaths After Nonfatal Opioid Overdose: Causes and Risk Factors
- Clonidine May Not Improve Post-Cesarean Delivery Analgesia
- No Added Value With Liposomal Bupivacaine Following TKA With Peripheral Nerve Block
- Recommendations for Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Tolerance
- Vertebroplasty Comparable With Placebo for Acute Vertebral Compression Fractures
- Capsaicin 8% Patch May Be Effective in Neuropathic Pain
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Prior Authorization Policy May Help Reduce Long-Acting Opioid Use
- Opioid-Related Deaths Represent Significant Public Health Burden
- Addressing Confidentiality Concerns With Electronic Access to Pediatric Medical Records
- Opioid-Related Adverse Events Common After Invasive Procedures
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Migraine in Children Should Consider Atopy
- Led by AG Sessions, DOJ Declines to Defend ACA Against Federal Lawsuit