AAPM 2017 Coverage
Pennsylvania has adopted a multipronged approach to address the opioid crisis.
Dr Fudin discusses concerns he has regarding the CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
Anthony Mariano, PhD, provided guidance for clinicians for tapering patients off opioids.
Virtaj Singh, MD, highlights the successes of the Multi-society Pain Work Group (MPW), which resulted in Medicare modifying its approach to coverage.
Dr Stacey sought to highlight how the healthcare community reacted to and coped in the aftermath of the closing of the Seattle Pain Center, by coming together as a team and mobilizing state resources.
Dr McCarberg reviewed each component of the guideline and explored how it may benefit or impede a PCP's ability to provide effective pain management.
The Empower Veterans Program was created by the Atlanta Veterans Administration Medical Center to improve quality of life through active self-care in veterans with chronic pain.
Differentiating central neuropathic pain from musculoskeletal or peripheral neuropathic pain can be challenging.
An individual's pain experience depends on a complex interaction between various biological, environmental, psychological, and societal factors.
Radiofrequency treatment is an effective option for treating refractory chronic knee, hip, and shoulder joint pain.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Replacing Sleep, Sedentary Behavior With Physical Activity Beneficial in Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Role of Psychological Factors in Phantom Limb Pain Reviewed
- FDA Outlines Plan for New Analgesic Guidance to Combat Opioid Crisis
- Ozone vs Corticosteroids May Provide Longer-Lasting Effects for Plantar Fasciitis
- Opioid Use Stable in Past Decade Among Commercially Insured, Medicare Beneficiaries
- Ketamine: Mechanisms of Action, Uses in Pain Medicine, and Side Effects
- Cannabis May Be Effective for Migraine Treatment
- Medicinal Cannabis May Not Have Opioid-Sparing Effects in Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Integrating Psychological Interventions Into Chronic Pain Management
- Chronic Neck Pain: Generators, Clinical Examination, MRI Findings, and Differential Diagnosis
- Pregabalin May Not Improve Analgesia During Medical Abortion
- Investigational Treatment Shows Promise in Chronic Low Back Pain
- Rheumatologist-Assessed vs Criteria for Inflammatory Back Pain in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Incorporating Guidelines Into Clinical Practice: An Interview With Gary L. LeRoy, MD
- Pain Severity May Partly Mediate the Association Between Depression and Physical Performance in Knee OA