AAPM 2017 Coverage
A number of shortcomings are associated with systematic reviews and meta-analyses of postoperative care.
Pennsylvania has adopted a multipronged approach to address the opioid crisis.
Dr Fudin discusses concerns he has regarding the CDC guideline for prescribing opioids for chronic pain.
Anthony Mariano, PhD, provided guidance for clinicians for tapering patients off opioids.
Virtaj Singh, MD, highlights the successes of the Multi-society Pain Work Group (MPW), which resulted in Medicare modifying its approach to coverage.
Dr Stacey sought to highlight how the healthcare community reacted to and coped in the aftermath of the closing of the Seattle Pain Center, by coming together as a team and mobilizing state resources.
Dr McCarberg reviewed each component of the guideline and explored how it may benefit or impede a PCP's ability to provide effective pain management.
The Empower Veterans Program was created by the Atlanta Veterans Administration Medical Center to improve quality of life through active self-care in veterans with chronic pain.
Differentiating central neuropathic pain from musculoskeletal or peripheral neuropathic pain can be challenging.
An individual's pain experience depends on a complex interaction between various biological, environmental, psychological, and societal factors.
Sign Up for Free e-Newsletters
Check out what's trending
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Radiofrequency Denervation for Facet Joint Arthropathy-Related Low Back Pain
- Telephone-Based vs In-Person CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- Persistent Pain Linked With Greater Memory Decline & Dementia Probability
- Allodynia and Pericranial Tenderness Highly Prevalent in Pediatric Patients With Migraine
- Reasons Why the Affordable Care Act is Wrongly Blamed for Increased Premiums