Understanding how pain catastrophizing works can assist clinicians with providing effective treatments to patients with chronic pain.
When treating chronic pain, self-management is a lot easier said than done, even if it is the most appropriate option for boosting pain relief in a patient.
The researchers found that the average pain score did not differ between the smoker vs non-smoker groups or between different groups for BMI.
Clinicians treating patients with fibromyalgia may want to consider LDN as a treatment option.
As opioid overdoses continue to become an increasingly common occurrence in the health care setting, clinicians may want to begin tracking these instances by evaluating Naloxone use in the hospital.
Evidence shows that the rise of opioids, especially when used without any other pain treatments, does not correspond to better pain management or patient satisfaction.
There may be a need for a major transformation in the way psychologists, psychology predoctoral students, and psychology postdoctoral students are educated in treating pain.
Epidural steroid injections (ESIs) may lower health care spending in patients with low back pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor met up with Dr Erin E Krebs at AAPM's annual meeting after her discussion on what opioids mean for the primary care physician in 2016 to discuss the CDC's guidelines for prescribing opioids in patients with chronic pain.
With the AAPM's annual meeting underway this week, pain specialists and primary care professionals in attendance will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of sessions focused on primary care, opioids and education, clinical practice instruction, and more.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Chronic Pain May Be a Contributing Factor to Suicide
- Striking a Balance Between Opioid Surveillance and Patient Privacy
- Demographic Characteristics of Pregnant Women With Opioid Use Disorder
- Supervised Injection Sites: Facts, Information, Pros, and Cons
- Effects of Mindfulness Therapy, Pharmacologic Prophylaxis on Catecholamine Levels in Migraine
- Perioperative Pain Management in Patients With Opioid Use Disorder
- Cannabinoid-Associated Analgesia May Be Mediated Through Modulation of Affective Processes
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Reviewing the Efficacy of Intrathecal Morphine, Ziconotide for Cancer- and Noncancer Chronic Pain
- Seven-Item Pain Intensity Measure Reliable in Individuals With Dementia
- Factors Associated With Suboptimal Interscalene Brachial Plexus Block for Arthroscopy
- Initial Consultation for Neck Pain May Reduce Opioid Consumption, Healthcare Utilization
- Scholarship Support Limited for Veterans Enrolling in MD Programs
- Alpha and Beta Band Activity in MS-Related Chronic Pain
- New Opioid-Induced Constipation Management Guidelines Available