Understanding how pain catastrophizing works can assist clinicians with providing effective treatments to patients with chronic pain.
When treating chronic pain, self-management is a lot easier said than done, even if it is the most appropriate option for boosting pain relief in a patient.
The researchers found that the average pain score did not differ between the smoker vs non-smoker groups or between different groups for BMI.
Clinicians treating patients with fibromyalgia may want to consider LDN as a treatment option.
As opioid overdoses continue to become an increasingly common occurrence in the health care setting, clinicians may want to begin tracking these instances by evaluating Naloxone use in the hospital.
Evidence shows that the rise of opioids, especially when used without any other pain treatments, does not correspond to better pain management or patient satisfaction.
There may be a need for a major transformation in the way psychologists, psychology predoctoral students, and psychology postdoctoral students are educated in treating pain.
Epidural steroid injections (ESIs) may lower health care spending in patients with low back pain.
Clinical Pain Advisor met up with Dr Erin E Krebs at AAPM's annual meeting after her discussion on what opioids mean for the primary care physician in 2016 to discuss the CDC's guidelines for prescribing opioids in patients with chronic pain.
With the AAPM's annual meeting underway this week, pain specialists and primary care professionals in attendance will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of sessions focused on primary care, opioids and education, clinical practice instruction, and more.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- Betel Quid Addiction and Implications for Substance Use Disorder
- Low Back Pain: Contributing Factors, Prophylactic Strategies, and Effective Treatments
- Peripherally Acting Opioid and Cannabinoid May Be Effective for Neuropathic Pain
- New Blood Test Shows High Accuracy for Diagnosing Fibromyalgia
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Peripheral Neuropathy Management in the Primary Care Setting: A Guide
- Opioids vs Nonopioid Medications for Chronic Back, Knee, and Hip Osteoarthritis Pain
- Conventional vs High-Frequency Spinal Cord Stimulation for Chronic Pain
- Evaluating Headache in the Elderly: Primary vs Secondary Causes
- Custom Foot Orthotics vs OTC Insoles for Plantar Heel Pain
- Once-Monthly Erenumab Injections May Be Effective for Episodic Migraine Prophylaxis