Latest Features & Opinion
The Clinton Foundation's Health Matters Initiative, in partnership with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, issued a report providing 49 recommendations under 10 topic areas on how to address the opioid crisis.
Scientists warn that unless there is an adequate response and proactive measures are taken, society will soon have to deal with direct and indirect effects of the changing climate on human health.
Malpractice claims in outpatient chronic pain management most commonly involved patient noncooperation in care and provider deficits in clinical judgment, communication, and documentation.
Peripheral nerve blocks for pediatric headache treatment are associated with significant benefit and minimal risk.
The HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America has released new guidelines for the management of chronic pain in patients living with human immunodeficiency virus.
Findings suggest that up to 15% of encounters with adult patients can be described as "difficult".
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Handover of Intraoperative Anesthesia Care Linked to Increase in Adverse Postoperative Outcomes
- Perioperative Gabapentin May Modestly Promote Postoperative Opioid Cessation
- Milwaukee Brace for Adolescent Scoliosis Associated With Long-Term Back Pain
- High Bioavailability, Fast Absorption of Buprenorphine With New Sublingual Wafer
- Identification of Active-State Kappa-Opioid Receptor Crystal Structure May Facilitate the Design of Improved Analgesics
- New Consensus Statement Establishes Guidelines on Urine Drug Monitoring in Chronic Pain
- Low-Dose Ketamine Provides Comparable Acute Pain Relief, More Adverse Events Than Morphine
- Ketamine May Represent an Effective Treatment for the Management of Chronic Noncancer Pain
- Migraines Possibly Prevented With Prophylactic Magnesium
- Neuromodulation for Refractory Trigeminal Neuralgia: Expert Feedback
- Limited Evidence for the Effectiveness of Oxcarbazepine in Neuropathic Pain
- Predicting Acute Pain After Cesarean Delivery to Reduce Risk for Persistent Pain
- Monthly Subcutaneous Galcanezumab Effective for Migraine Prevention
- FDA Accepts New Drug Application for Postoperative Ocular Pain, Inflammation
- Core Muscle Weakness Inceases Spinal Loading, May Lead to Low Back Pain in Runners