Latest Features & Opinion
"Dose-extending placebo use is based on learning principles and schedules of reinforcement, so that conditioned stimuli acquire properties and characteristics of unconditioned stimuli," Dr Colloca told Clinical Pain Advisor.
Once we better understand the role of each disease's specific autoantibody and how they are causing pain, we can move on to developing targeted therapies.
No-cost pain psychology curricula should be added to graduate and postgraduate psychology programs.
According to this model, prioritizing alternate life goals through optimism and positive affect over pain-associated behaviors perpetuated by negative affect provides the means to break the pain cycle.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Stem Cell Therapy for Osteoarthritis-Related Chronic Pain
- Ketamine May be an Effective and Cost-Saving Treatment for Persistent Post-Surgical Pain
- Pre-Surgery Catastrophizing Strongly Associated With Post-Operative Outcomes
- FDA Approves Implantable Device for Steady Release of Buprenorphine
- Understanding Mechanisms of Neuropathic Pain to Design Effective Treatments
- Non-Opioid Alternatives for the Management of Chronic Pain
- Encrypting Protected Health Information to Comply With HIPAA Regulations
- Preventing Opioid Dependency With Low Initial Dose, No Refills
- Precision Medicine for Chronic Pain
- Effect of Low-Level Laser Therapy on Incidence of Postherpetic Neuralgia