Latest Features & Opinion
Medical marijuana, as a botanical and a scheduled drug does not fit the FDA paradigm for drug approval, a major impediment to its use in research.
Pressure pain sensitivity is differentially linked to response to sham vs verum acupuncture in patients with fibromyalgia.
The efficiency of self-administered hypnotherapy is equivalent to that of in-office hypnotherapy in relieving pediatric irritable bowel syndrome or functional abdominal pain.
Polyneuropathy may increase the likelihood of patients receiving long-term opioid therapy.
Acupuncture was found to effectively alleviate pain associated with primary adhesive capsulitis.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA to Remove Pain Drug from the Market
- Disc Replacement Surgery for Low Back Pain Improves Long-Term Outcomes
- Telephone-Based vs In-Person CBT for Chronic Back Pain
- Fiber, Chondroitin Regimen Leads to Knee Pain Relief in Osteoarthritis
- Persistent Pain Linked With Greater Memory Decline & Dementia Probability