Latest Features & Opinion
The Clinton Foundation's Health Matters Initiative, in partnership with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, issued a report providing 49 recommendations under 10 topic areas on how to address the opioid crisis.
Despite its prevalence, tension-type headache is often complicated by overlapping symptoms and a weak understanding of tension-type headache etiology.
Systemic lidocaine administered via IV or patch has consistently shown effectiveness for the treatment and prevention of chronic pain.
Many translational barriers exist between preclinical research and clinical practice.
The most promising tools to predict acute pain after cesarean delivery are local anesthetic infiltration before placement of spinal anesthesia, and asking patients simple questions about anticipated pain and analgesic needs.
Depending on the extent of the injury, pain due to burns can range from mild to severe to excruciating.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Trigger Point Injections, Pulsed Radiofrequency for Abdominal Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Safety, Efficacy of Lidocaine Infusion for Prolonged Neuropathic Pain
- Assessing the Efficacy of Low-Dose Amitriptyline for Idiopathic Chronic Neck Pain
- CBT vs Pain Education for Chronic Pain in Low-Income Clinics
- Trigger Point Dry Needling Plus Exercise Cost-Effective for Subacromial Pain Syndrome
- Exploring the Connections Between Neuropathic Pain and Comorbid Mood Disorders
- Medical Marijuana Laws, Dispensaries May Reduce Deaths From Opioid Overdose
- Ketamine Infusion May Be Effective for the Short-Term Relief of CRPS-Associated Pain
- An Avenue for the Development of Opioid Adjuncts for Enhanced Analgesia, Reduced Abuse Potential
- Opioid Dependence Pharmacotherapy and Clinical, Criminal Outcomes in Mental Illness
- Examining Progression From Inflammatory Back Pain to Spondyloarthritis
- Non-Opioid Therapies for Pain Management in the ED
- Targeting Remission in Axial Spondyloarthritis With Pharmacological Treatment
- Issues Associated With Electronic Prescribing
- Improving Physician Engagement With Three-Pronged Approach