Latest Features & Opinion
The Clinton Foundation's Health Matters Initiative, in partnership with the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, issued a report providing 49 recommendations under 10 topic areas on how to address the opioid crisis.
Migraine is highly prevalent in children and adolescents, affecting almost 10% of children between 5 and 15 years old and 30% of adolescents between 15 and 19 years old.
John M. Davis III, MD, MS, from the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and Jennifer Gorman, MD, MPH, from The Polyclinic in Seattle, Washington, discuss the evolving collaborative care therapy model in RA.
National Institutes of Health Director, Francis Collins, MD, PhD, announced on April 4, 2018 the launch of the Helping to End Addiction Long-Term Initiative.
A Lancet series of articles outlines the array of factors that contribute to low back pain and presents effective prophylactic strategies and treatment options for the condition.
Although peripheral neuropathy is one of the most common neurologic problems seen in the primary care setting, recognizing and evaluating peripheral neuropathy in a patient can be challenging due to its diverse presentations.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- Risks Associated With Co-Administration of Aspirin and Other NSAIDs
- Stages of Low Back Pain Have Specific Sets of Clinical Indicators
- FDA Approves Aimovig for Migraine Prevention
- First Non-Opioid Drug Approved for Managing Opioid Withdrawal Symptoms
- Pain Interference Associated With Depression, Pain Self-Efficacy in Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain
- Effect of Prescription Drug Monitoring Programs on Fatal, Nonfatal Drug Overdoses
- Standardized SCS Workflow May Effectively Alleviate Failed Back Surgery Syndrome-Related Pain
- Marijuana Legalization and Opioid Prescribing Rates
- Medical Marijuana Users More Likely to Use Prescription Drugs for Medical, Nonmedical Purposes
- Interbrain Coupling During Handholding Associated With Analgesia, Empathy
- Opioid-Related Adverse Drug Events Associated With Worse Patient, Cost Outcomes
- Education Plus Exercise, Single Corticosteroid Injection Effective in Long Term for Gluteal Tendinopathy
- Detox vs Medication-Assisted Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder in Pregnancy: Expert Roundtable
- Naloxone Training Beneficial for PA Students
- Supervised Injection Sites Hailed as the Latest Strategy to Fight the Opioid Crisis