Latest Features & Opinion
In light of the plethora of street names used to refer to a number of drugs, the DEA has issued a comprehensive list for common drugs.
Identification of Mechanism Involved in the Maintenance of Pain Behaviors, Mechanical Hypersensitivity
The extracellular phosphorylation of EphB2 was shown to maintain pain behaviors and mechanical hypersensitivity after injury.
Trigger point injection as an adjunct to physical therapy is well tolerated and improves symptoms of pelvic floor muscle spasm in approximately 50% of patients with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome.
In patients with severe chronic pain refractory to conventional therapy, intrathecal ziconotide provided long-term pain relief, particularly when used as first-line intrathecal therapy.
Clinical Pain Advisor Articles
- FDA's Flush List: Assessing the Environmental Impact
- Intrathecal Ziconotide Long-Term Efficacy and Safety for Severe Chronic Pain
- Sciatic Plus Femoral Nerve Blocks Effective on Total Hip Arthroplasty-Related Pain
- Yoga Improves Health Outcomes in Veterans With Chronic Low Back Pain
- Morphine Lacks Efficacy for RA, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia
- Uniport vs Multiport Catheters for Labor Epidural Analgesia
- Disease Activity Biomarker in Pediatric SLE
- Guidance on Preventing Medical Billing Errors
- Preemptive Analgesia With Acetaminophen Reduces Headaches Associated With Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Minimum Headache Duration Requiring Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Evaluation